Saturday, January 29, 2011

Meh... Thought I would try blogging...

So I have never really tried writing a blog before, but I have had this for a while, so lets see how it goes. Normally I'm not the one to tell people how I am feeling. Most of the time I would rather just sit and listen to my friends talk, but sometimes when I am sitting with all of them and a conversation is going on I want to say something, but I always feel like everyone (minus a couple of people) just ignore me. I feel like they think they know me, but they don't.
Now in my opinion all of my friends are weird, but it is all good, since I am weird also. However, the majority of my friends think I am a lot more strange than all of them are. Me being a nerdfighter and liking barbershop music seems a lot weirder to them than discussing all 20 Shrek movies (long story that I don't feel like getting into.)
I don't think that this would bug me that much, except for the fact that when they ask me what a nerdfighter is, and why I am one, I will start talking, to try to answer their questions, and 5 seconds later it seems like they are having their own conversations. With the barbershop music, it has been such a huge part of my life, and the majority of them won't even give it a try. Some have even gone so far as to get upset with me when I play one barbershop song because they don't like it after hearing the first couple seconds. Several times when they are playing all of their own music, I just listen and don't like it, but I don't complain about it, because it is their music they want to listen to.
I know that this really isn't that big of a deal, but sometimes I wish my friends would accept me for who I am, and not just act like I'm weird for liking barbershop music and being a nerdfighter. If they just took a little time to get to know me a little more, they would see that I am more than just some weird person who makes no sense ever. They are my friends and I love them all, but sometimes they don't realize that by not accepting some of the things that some of their friends like, they are basically not accepting that friend.
Anyways, now that I'm done with my little rant, I hope you all have a great day! Hopefully I'll write another thing on here sometime... (maybe that will be my new years resolution...) Talk to all y'all later!!

~Chels :)

2 comments:

  1. I love you Chelsea!!! :)

    ...And I really do like all of the barbershop music you have shared with me!! I would love to hear more! We should have a homework party sometime and share music with each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby!! I love you too!! We should have a homework party sometime!! :D I'm going to sleep now I think though...

    ReplyDelete